Nikki UP2U: A dressing story is a mobile game developed by SuZhou Nikki Co., Ltd (now named Paper CO. China). It is the first game in the Nikki Up2U series.
The premise of Nikki UP2U is to dress up appropriately according to an occasion in the story. For instance, during the first stage Nikki wants to go out and eat, but Momo points out that she cannot walk outside in pajamas. It is the player's task to give her appropriate clothing, and once done, evaluation will take place for a duration of time. The player can do other things in the meantime. Once finished, Momo will comment and grade the result from S-F: S being spectacular, A being great, B being okay and F being outright terrible.
After each story stage, the player will be rewarded with gold, which can be used to buy new clothes. Gold and new clothing can also be acquired by completing various achievements as well.
The following are transcriptions of the game's story stages.
An Idle Holiday
- Nikki: It feels so good to stay home and do nothing on my day off. I don't want to move.
- Nikki: Belly growls...
- Nikki: I am hungry... I will just grab a bite nearby. Hey, Momo, want to grab a bite with me?
- Momo: Going out with someone in pajamas? No.
- Nikki: What are you talking about? Everyone is dressed like this.
- Momo: Can you be a little bit normal?
- Nikki: We are only going somewhere close. Comfy is top priority. Who cares.
Let's Go Swimming
- Nikki: It is so hot I don't want to move.
- Momo: Come be a homebody with me for the whole summer!
- Nikki: No, I will be fat. I need exercise!
- Momo: Well then... Have fun running.
- Nikki: I swim in the summer. Check out my goggles.
- Momo: Please don't get too excited and go out in swimsuit!
- Nikki: Stop joking around! I will wear my regular clothes and bring my swimsuit with me.
Shining Star (1)
- Momo: Weren't you staying home with me today?
- Nikki: It's so boring staying home all day. I told sister that I would go shopping with her.
- Momo: OK, don't forget to bring me a pound of marbled pork.
- Nikki: Um, I was going clothes shopping, not grocery shopping!
- Momo: There is marbled pork in grocery stores.
- Nikki: I am going to clothing stores!
- Momo: I was only asking for a little meat...
- Nikki: I am going to change. What should I wear? I need to wear something that can match everything for clothes shopping.
- Momo: (I hope your clothes are torn)
Three Kingdom's Kill!
- Nikki: Frosty and some friends are playing Three Kingdoms and are one player short. They want me to join them.
- Momo: Please don't embarrass yourself...
- Nikki: What are you talking about? I am actually not bad. Although I do kill off my own team sometimes...... Oh it is not a big deal.
- Momo: Are you going to wear a costume to the game?
- Nikki: Wow! How did you know? This is a Three Kingdom game party slash costume party. I don't even know if I have the costume......