Chapter 9 Styling Contest Prelude
Chapter 11 Styling Contest Finals
Styling Contest Games is the tenth chapter from Volume 1 of the story mode of Love Nikki.
The Fantasy Styling Contest properly begins! Nikki is still nervous but decides to do her best to win. Between getting help from Kimi, practicing behind the scenes with other contestants, meeting with her friends who have come to support her and participating against talented contest participants like her fellow stylists Kane and Timi, she doesn't have too much time to angst about it!
- Possible Drop: Fallen Bell, Luxury Gentleman (Maiden), Splendid Dance (Princess)
- Style: Lively, Pure
- Key Words: fresh mori girl outfit
- Style Notes: Gorgeous, Lively, Cute, Pure, Warm, Dryad
Momo and Bobo are excited that the Contest is starting. Nikki reads that the rules stating that today was the group stage and participants will compete in three groups. Bobo has Nikki have a battle with her to relax her nerves.
- Possible Drop: Black Stripe, City Beauty (Maiden), Bamboo Poem (Princess)
- Style: Simple, Pure
- Key Words: traditional Cloud Empire clothes
- Style Notes: Simple, Elegance, Mature, Pure, Warm, Chinese Classical
Nikki gets excited when she sees Kimi, who is here to watch the Contest. Joe comments on his seemingly invisible presence and says Kimi really wanted to tell Nikki she will be the most outstanding stylist. Kimi tells Nikki she believes in her and tests her on the Cloud Empire style since she just returned from there.
- Possible Drop: Cloudy Day, White Fishtail Skirt (Maiden), Solo Night (Princess)
- Style: Simple, Lively
- Key Words: modern daily Cloud Empire one-piece dress
- Style Notes: Simple, Lively, Cute, Pure, Cool, Modern China
Kimi compliments Nikki and Joe is astonished, as he has never seen Kimi praise someone so excitedly. Kimi asks if he thinks next quarter's design quota is low and Joe rushes off to talk to the principal of the Cicia Design School. Kimi tells Momo and Bobo they would make good cheerleaders and tests Nikki on the Cloud style again.
- Possible Drop: Library-Pink, Slip Dress-Black (Maiden), Ribbon Bow (Princess)
- Style: Seek Army Major's Suit
- Key Words: North Kingdom style warm army uniform
- Style Notes: Simple, Elegance, Mature, Sexy, Warm, Army
Momo and Bobo watch from the audience listening to Nidhogg's opening speech. Nidhogg states that the champion shall be awarded the title 'The Royal Stylist of Lilith' and gain the chance to participate in designing this year's Fairytale Concerto. Bobo informs Momo that the Fairytale Concerto suit is Lilith's signature royal outfit, with a new one being designed each year and collected by the royal family. They see Nikki about to compete with her first opponent in group B, Kane.
- Possible Drop: Secret Love-Blue, Tea Shop Owner (Maiden), Bamboo Pavilion (Princess)
- Style: Simple, Elegance
- Key Words: simple evening dress
- Style Notes: Simple, Elegance, Mature, Sexy, Cool, Evening Gown
Momo sneaks in backstage to encourage a stressed out Nikki. A nervous contestant from group A asks Nikki to help her practice before her own match and Nikki comforts her.
- Possible Drop: Golden Screen, Black Labyrinth (Maiden), Bamboo (Princess)
- Style: Seek Tribe Totem Suit
- Key Words: wasteland style clothes
- Style Notes: Gorgeous, Lively, Cute, Sexy, Cool, Traditional
Momo and Bobo complain about the tall, strange, and serious audience members blocking their view in the VIP seats. They see Nikki about to compete with a contestant from Wasteland.
- Possible Drop: Transfer Student-Brown, Halftone-Gray (Maiden), Feast (Princess)
- Style: Gorgeous, Cute
- Key Words: Lilith gorgeous dress
- Style Notes: Gorgeous, Lively, Cute, Pure, Warm, Lolita
Nikki wins the battle and is feeling more confident. A group C contestant is impressed that Nikki beat someone at their own style and asks for a warm-up match.
- Possible Drop: Teacher's Wardrobe-Blue, Little Princess-Clothes (Maiden), Bamboo Path (Princess)
- Style: Seek Youth Melody Suit
- Key Words: graduation gown
- Style Notes: Simple, Elegance, Mature, Pure, Warm, Preppy
Nikki's third opponent is Timi. They both agree to do their best as the theme, graduation gown, is announced.
- Possible Drop: Ordinary Canvas Shoes, Stripe Blue Pants (Maiden), Bamboo whisper (Princess)
- Style: Seek Magic Star Suit
- Key Words: chic girlish outfit and casual daily clothes
Theme 1 Edit
- Theme: Avant-garde girl style
- Style Notes: Gorgeous, Lively, Cute, Sexy, Cool, Harajuku
Theme 2 Edit
- Theme: Daily casual wear
- Style Notes: Simple, Elegance, Mature, Pure, Cool
Nikki wins all three stages, advancing to the next stage with the highest score. Kimi tells her that one stylist will be chosen from each group and progress to the final round, and Joe translates that as Kimi believes Nikki is one step away from the championship and will win. Kimi warns Nikki about the other two contestants' skills and brought some Apple Federation outfits for her to try.
- Possible Drop: Luxury-Silver (Maiden), Masked Dancer (Princess)
- Style: Simple, Lively
- Key Words: casual sportswear
- Style Notes: Simple, Lively, Cute, Pure, Cool, Sports
Nikki, Momo, and Bobo see Kaja, who is performing at the bar near Contestant Village with her band every night. and came over to the Royal City on her break
- Possible Drop: Little Princess-Skirt (Maiden), Good Wine (Princess)
- Style: Cute, Cool
- Key Words: floral-pattern girlish style
- Style Notes: Simple, Lively, Cute, Pure, Cool, Floral
- Possible Drop: Girl Sneaker-Pink (Maiden), Spring Rain (Princess)
- Style: Gorgeous, Elegance
- Key Words: classic Pigeon Kingdom style dress
- Style Notes: Gorgeous, Elegance, Mature, Sexy, Warm, European
Annabel is preparing for the sequel for her manga and is here to collect materials. Bobo is interested in when the hero and heroine will marry, but Annabel responds that she is thinking of a plot where the stylist comes to attend the Fantasy Styling Contest and the designer follows to give her a surprise.
Nikki wants to dress in Tribe Totem to feel the natural beauty of Wasteland.
- Tribe Totem: Whole Chapter, plus 10-6 (Dress)
- Army Major: 10-4 (Coat, Top, Bottoms)
- Youth Melody: 10-8 (Dress and Hat)